NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: New Jersey Auto Retailers Unite (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the state of New Jersey who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Valerie Fund, 88 Create Design Studio, JAM Graphics, Baldino Design, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Valerie Fund, 2101 Millburn Ave., Maplewood, NJ 07040. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 30, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 16, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period. Depending on the method(s) of entry you choose, you may be required to visit a participating auto dealership. For a list of participating auto dealerships, visit: http://www.njautoretailersunite.org.
a. Take a test drive: Visit a participating auto dealership and test drive a vehicle of your choice. Upon completing the test drive, an auto dealership representative will present you with a voucher that contains a unique code and instructions for entering the Sweepstakes. Follow the instructions on the voucher to complete and submit the registration form including your name, physical address, phone number, email address, and the unique code. You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Purchase or lease a new car: Visit a participating auto dealership and purchase or lease a new vehicle. Then, you will receive three (3) vouchers that each contain a unique code and instructions for entering the Sweepstakes. Follow the instructions on the voucher to complete and submit the registration form including your name, email address and the unique code. You will receive three (3) entries into the Sweepstakes after completing the instructions.
c. Make a donation: During the Promotion Period, visit http://www.thevaleriefund.org and follow the links and instructions to make a donation to The Valerie Fund. For every $10 you donate, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, up to a maximum of five (5) Sweepstakes entries.
d. Free method of entry: To enter without taking a test drive, purchasing or leasing a new car or making a donation, hand print your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “New Jersey Auto Retailers Unite,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., PO Box: 5046, Department: 824540, Kalamazoo MI 49003-5046. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by September 16, 2016 and received by September 23, 2016. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Five (5) entries per household, regardless of the methods of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or mailing address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential First Prize winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around September 29, 2016. The potential one hundred (100) First Prize winners will be notified by email or phone and will be invited to attend the Grand Prize drawing at the Sweepstakes Fundraising Event in mid to late October (exact date, time and location of the event to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (the "Event"). Sponsor will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible First Prize winners in attendance at the Event. Potential First Prize winners must be in attendance at the Event for a chance to win the Grand Prize. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on-site at the Event. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. The Grand Prize winner will be contacted regarding the fulfillment of the prize within 8-10 weeks of the conclusion of the Promotion Period, and the prize will be fulfilled by the designated dealership as soon as it becomes available.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A new automobile of the winner's choosing (automobile model choices to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Potential First Prize winners must be in attendance at the Event for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Up to $33,000.
ONE HUNDRED (100) FIRST PRIZES: The opportunity for winner and a guest to attend the Sweepstakes Fundraising Event in mid to late October (exact date, time and location of the event to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and a $50 American Express gift card (terms and conditions apply). ARV: $70.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a First Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible First Prize winners in attendance at the Event. Limit: One (1) First Prize per household. Total ARV of all prizes: $40,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, 88 Create Design Studio, JAM Graphics, Baldino Design, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.thevaleriefund.org. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 9/16/16. For Official Rules, free method of entry, and complete details, visit http://www.njautoretailersunite.org. Sponsor: The Valerie Fund.
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 9/16/16. For Official Rules, free method of entry, prize description and odds disclosure, visit http://www.njautoretailersunite.org. Sponsor: The Valerie Fund, 2101 Millburn Ave, Maplewood, NJ 07040.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 9/16/16. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://www.njautoretailersunite.org.
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of New Jersey 18 years and older. Ends 9/16/16. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, free method of entry and prize description, visit http://www.njautoretailersunite.org. Void where prohibited.